Safeguarding Policy Statement
The objects of the group are:
- to undertake investigations and practical works to conserve and improve the environment within the Civil Parish of Earley.
- to study and record the fauna, flora and environment within the Civil Parish of Earley, Berkshire.
- to promote education and interest in the natural history, the environment and the activities of the Group.
- to maintain funds for the purposes of meeting the above.
The purpose of this policy statement is:
- to protect children and young people who receive Earley Environmental Group’s services from harm. This includes the children of adults who use our services; and
- to provide members and volunteers, as well as children and young people and their families, with the overarching principles that guide our approach to child protection.
This policy applies to anyone acting or working on behalf of the Earley Environmental Group, including committee members, ordinary members, event leaders, volunteers and students.
This policy statement has been drawn up on the basis of legislation, policy and guidance that seeks to protect children in England as advised by the NSPCC.
We believe that:
- Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
We recognise that:
- the welfare of children is paramount in all the work we do and in all the decisions we take
- all children, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation have an equal right to protection from all types of harm or abuse
- some children are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues
- working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
Nominated child protection lead: Charlotte Allchin
Phone: 07771 605825 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved by the EEG committee on 16th March, 2021.
To be reviewed in 2025 or earlier if required.
You can download a pdf version of this policy.