The Earley Environmental Group Constitution
- The name of the group shall be The Earley Environmental Group, hereafter referred to as the ‘The Group’.
- The objects of the group shall be:
- To undertake investigations and practical works to conserve and improve the environment within the Civil Parish of Earley.
- To study and record the fauna, flora and environment within the Civil Parish of Earley, Berkshire.
- To promote education and interest in the natural history, the environment and the activities of the Group.
- To maintain funds for the purposes of meeting the above.
- The Group shall consist of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Secretary, a Committee and ordinary members. The officers shall be elected at an Annual Meeting and shall be eligible for re-election. Nominations for Officers, if any change is proposed, should be sent to the Hon. Secretary at least 14 days before the meeting. The committee may co-opt such additional members as maybe deemed necessary from time to time.
- Membership shall be open to all persons living or working within the Civil Parish of Earley and also to those persons with interests in common with the Group.
- Any member behaving in a manner prejudicial to the interests and work of the Group is liable to summary expulsion at the discretion of the Committee.
- Quarterly Committee meetings shall be held, nominally on dates in March, June, September and December.
- Any proposed alteration or addition to the constitution must be notified to the Hon. Secretary at least 28 days before the AGM and communicated by him/her in not less than 14 days to all members of the committee and must be carried by a two-thirds majority of those members present.
- The funds of the Group shall be held in a General Account. Both capital and interest may be spent in furtherance of the Group’s objectives at the discretion of the Committee. The signatories will the be the Hon. Treasurer and one other of two designated committee members.
- The Earley Adopt-a-Street Initiative (EASI) shall be affiliated to the Group and shall make use of the Group’s General Account for the purposes of depositing and withdrawing funds that are associated with EASI and with the agreement of the Group’s Honorary Treasurer.
- An annual statement of the Group’s accounts shall be presented to the Committee at the AGM.
- Should the Group be disbanded any remaining funds will be donated to charities, in accordance with the interests of the Group, to be specified at that time.
You can download a copy of the consitution.