Equal Opportunities Policy
Equal Opportunities Policy Statement
The objects of the group are:
- to undertake investigations and practical works to conserve and improve the environment within the Civil Parish of Earley.
- to study and record the fauna, flora and environment within the Civil Parish of Earley, Berkshire.
- to promote education and interest in the natural history, the environment and the activities of the Group.
- to maintain funds for the purposes of meeting the above.
The purpose of this policy statement is:
- to provide equality, fairness and respect for all of our members and volunteers
- to not unlawfully discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination.
This policy applies to anyone acting or working on behalf of the Earley Environmental Group, including committee members, ordinary members, event leaders, volunteers and students.
The organisation commits to:
- encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our members and volunteers, and eliminating unlawful discrimination
- ensuring our membership is representative of all sections of society and for each member or volunteer to feel respected and able to give their best
The organisation is also against unlawful discrimination of members or the public.
The organisation aims to:
- encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in the membership
- create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all members and volunteers are recognised and valued
- take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by members, the public and any others in the course of the organisation’s work activities.
EEG Chair: Edwin Trout; phone: 0118 966 3759, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved by the EEG committee on 16th March, 2021.
To be reviewed in 2025 or earlier if required.
You can download a pdf version of this policy.