Community response to the Coronavirus crisis
Wokingham Borough Council has been working with the voluntary sector and town and parish councils to coordinate a community response to the Coronavirus crisis.
We have been using a range of communication methods to publicise the borough-wide community response - in particular the vital contact details for those needing support for shopping, prescription collection or other essentials (see this flyer for details).
Our communications have included:
- Facebook posts reaching more than 30,000 views (please note this is only for the posts specifically relating to the community response - the total reach of Covid-19-related posts is more than 200,000 views). This social media effort has been replicated on Twitter
- Local newspaper coverage including front page article in Wokingham Paper, a four page wrap advertisement and weekly advertisements
- BBC Berkshire radio interviews
- Leaflet delivery by volunteers in some areas and across borough (with inevitable gaps) by delivery company
However, we know there may be people that have not received this information and we are appealing to you to help reach them.
If you know of neighbourhoods where you feel people are not aware of the support available, could you please let us know what methods could be used to reach them and, if possible, what support you could offer. We want to work with you to get these message to everybody.
Wokingham Borough Connect
We have recently launched an email newsletter to send our residents important information about how to access support and updates on our services during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.
Sign up here.
We are currently sending alerts to nearly 40,000 residents across the borough. If you aren't already receiving them, sign up now and encourage your friends and neighbours to as well.
Wokingham Borough Community Response -- Donations
If you can, please donate to our borough wide community response. We need food and other essentials, as well as items for wellbeing and goodybags. Here are more details about what items we need.
Donation drop off times and locations:
- Lower Earley, Twyford and Woodley Libraries, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10am - 12pm
Please note: No library services will be available, this is a drop off point only
- St Crispins Leisure Centre, Monday to Saturday from 8.30am to 4.30pm
Senior Specialist, Communications Engagement & Marketing
Wokingham Borough Council
07809 311 560