If you would like to join the Earley Environmental Group, please enter your details in the online application form. Membership is free.
Here are some good reasons why YOU should join and do your bit to help Earley’s Environment.
- Membership is FREE
- There is POWER IN NUMBERS. Politicians and officials are more likely to listen to your views if you are part of something BIG. Even if you never do anything else with the group, by simply becoming a member (at no cost to yourself) you will be making a big difference. (If there are four in your family, then why not join all four and make 4 times the difference).
- Earley’s environment and wildlife is the responsibility of everyone. That includes YOU.
- It’s a great thing to involve the whole family in.
- The group’s e-mail discussion group will keep you informed and let you have your say about all things environmental.
- If you can identify a robin, a blue tit and a dandelion, you have all the skills necessary.
- You can further increase your knowledge of nature while having fun with others.
- If you can afford 10 minutes a month, you have enough time.
- You can learn how to make your garden attractive to wildlife.
- It’s FUN.
- What you are being asked to do:
- If you have no time at all, then simply by joining you will have made a big contribution.
- If you have a busy life or are not very mobile, you could record the birds, butterflies, wildflowers (weeds!!!) that you see in your own garden on the recording form provided overleaf.
- If you want to get more involved, we would welcome your help in surveying Earley’s hedgerows, woods and grassland, making bird boxes, helping on litter clearance events, etc. etc. Or you might like to attend training courses, or evening walks and talks. The scope of the Group’s activities will be based on what its members want.
- REMEMBER: EVEN IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO HELP, SIMPLY BY BEING A MEMBER YOU WILL BE HELPING TO PROTECT EARLEY’S WILDLIFE.